On Air Now:
Now Playing:Loading...
site loader
February 4, 2021 Maina’s Son Has Fled To US – EFCC Tells Court

Maina’s Son Has Fled To US – EFCC Tells Court

The son of the embattled former chairman of the defunct Pension Reformed Task Team (PRTT), Abdulrasheed Maina, Faisal, has escaped to the United States of America (USA) after sneaking into the Niger Republic through one of the nation’s porous borders in Borno State.

This was disclosed by a lawyer with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mohammed Abubakar, at the resumed hearing in his money laundering trial before Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court, Abuja today Thursday, February 4.

Recall that Faisal like his father went underground after he was granted bail by the court. While his father was re-arrested in Niger Republic on December 1, 2020, Faisal remained elusive until EFCC recently got intelligence that he has fled to the US where he is believed to be a citizen.

In a ruling earlier, Justice Abang ordered among others, that a House of Representatives member, Sani Dan-Galadima (representing Kaura-Namoda Federal Constituency of Zamfara), who stood surety for the fleeing Faisal, should forfeit his property, worth N60million, which he pledged as a guarantee for the N60m bail bond he signed.

Maina is currently in EFCC custody. He is being prosecuted on 12 counts of money laundering to the tune of N2bn by the EFCC. 

February 4, 2021 BBNaija’s Kiddwaya Confirms Split From Erica

BBNaija’s Kiddwaya Confirms Split From Erica

Kiddwaya clears the air about his relationship status with Erica Nlewedim.

Former housemate of the reality TV show, Big Brother Naija, Kiddwaya has confirmed that he and Erica are no longer together.

Kiddwaya and Erica were lovebirds who met at the fifth season of the reality TV show.

The reality TV star made this known via his Instagram stories while answering questions from his fans.

One fan asked him to clarify what he told pressmen during his recent interview with Punch.

"Can you tell us what you mean in your Punch interview about not having a love life?'' the fan asked.

Kiddwaya in response confirmed that he and Erica had ended their once admired relationship.

I feel like I need to explain myself here. So listen up carefully. She was my girlfriend at that time and I didn't want people to be too involved," he wrote.

"I wanted it to be private involved that's why I said what I said. And sadly my words got twisted and it brought a lot of drags! Positive vibes from now pls."

Erica and Kiddwaya kicked off one of the most admired and celebrated relationships ever since the inception of BBNaija.

Many believed they were a match made in heaven.

February 4, 2021 Violence Mars APC Registration Exercise In Kwara State

Violence Mars APC Registration Exercise In Kwara State

Violence has marred the stakeholders meeting of Kwara state chapter of the All Progressives Congress held in Ilorin, the state capital ahead of the commencement of the party membership registration exercise.

The event which ended abruptly left no fewer than ten members of the party sustained serious injuries and many vehicles destroyed.

The meeting which held at the Banquet Hall, Government House, Ilorin was initiated by the National Revalidation/Registration Membership committee of the party led by Senator JOHN ADONOI.

Faction loyal to the removed state Chairman, BASHIR BOLARINWA had earlier protested on the streets of Ilorin over allegations that the new chairman, SANMARI ABDULLAHI wanted to manipulate the exercise.

 

 

February 4, 2021 Another Batch Of Stranded Nigerians Has Returned To The Country From Saudi Arabia

Another Batch Of Stranded Nigerians Has Returned To The Country From Saudi Arabia

The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission in a post states that the batch which had a total of 425 citizens arrived through the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja.

This is the third batch of Nigerians that have returned to the country within the last week.

Last Thursday, a total of 384 Nigerians returned from the Middle East Kingdom, and a day after that, another batch numbering over 400 returned to the nation.

According to NIDCOM, the latest returnees will join others that arrived earlier and are currently undergoing quarantine at the Federal Capital Territory Hajj camp for 14 days in line with the reversed COVID-19 protocols by the Presidential Task Force.

 

 

Watch Live

Video Player is loading.
Current Time 0:00
Duration -:-:-
Loaded: 0%
Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time -:-:-
 
1x

x
PHP Code Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com