On Air Now:
Now Playing:Loading...
site loader
October 19, 2023 Senate President Godswill Akpabio Addresses Red Chamber Crisis

Senate President Godswill Akpabio Addresses Red Chamber Crisis

Senate President Godswill Akpabio has said that the lawmakers are working in synergy despite disagreements on the Senate floor.

Akpabio said the senators will never resort to physical fights, no matter the level of debate or dissenting views during proceedings.

Senator Akpabio spoke to journalists after meeting with President Bola Tinubu behind closed doors at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

His visit comes barely 24 hours after the senator representing Borno South, Ali Ndume, stormed out of the chamber after being ruled out of order.

READ ALSO: Senate In Emergency Executive Session As Chief Whip, Ndume Stages Walkout

Akpabio said in a democracy, the minority will have their say, while the majority will always have their way.

The senate president said he only visited President Tinubu to inform him of the first 10th Assembly retreat in Akwa Ibom State.

October 19, 2023 Atiku Abubakar Urges Supreme Court To Admit Fresh Evidence In Tinubu Case

Atiku Abubakar Urges Supreme Court To Admit Fresh Evidence In Tinubu Case

The presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the February 25 presidential poll, Atiku Abubakar, has again asked the Supreme Court to scrap technicality and grant his application seeking to tender fresh evidence against President Bola Tinubu.

The former Vice President stated this in his reply on the point of law to Tinubu’s objection to granting leave for him to present the fresh evidence before the apex court.

Atiku predicated his plea because presenting forged documents by any candidate, especially one for the highest office in the land, is a grave constitutional issue that must not be encouraged.

President Tinubu had based his objection on the grounds of jurisdiction and that the qualification issue is a pre-election matter, amongst others and subsequently prayed the court to deny the grant of the application.

While faulting President Tinubu, Atiku submitted that issues of merit ought not to be determined or pronounced upon at the interlocutory stage.

The appellants note that they are only at this stage merely applying for leave of the Supreme Court to receive the fresh evidence, submitted that “to refuse to grant the leave as the respondents have argued, will amount to undue technicality.”

Atiku also faulted President Tinubu’s submission that he was inconsistent in his name, describing the submission as immaterial and pedestrian, as there is no petition challenging his qualification.

October 18, 2023 Our Target Is The AFCON Title – NFF Technical Director

Our Target Is The AFCON Title – NFF Technical Director

The Technical Director of the Nigeria Football Federation, Austin Eguavoen, has clarified that their target in the upcoming 2023 African Cup of Nations is the trophy.

The Super Eagles of Nigeria last won the competition in 2013 in South Africa under late coach Stephen Keshi, and since then, the country has been struggling to win back the title.

They failed to qualify in 2015 and 2017 before winning bronze in 2019 under the former coach Gernot Rohr, and 2021 was a story to forget as they crashed out in the round of 16.

Eguavoen said they've been craving to regain the title, which will not be different this time.

"We have been craving to get the Nations Cup back since 2013. We’ve not been able to achieve that feat because we know we have the capacity and the quality and everything to win it.

But to say it is easy to achieve is another thing, so everybody has to work towards the same goal, support the team whichever way we can support the coaches, and the players have to go out there and do the job", he said.

Nigeria will commence their campaign in the tournament with the opening group game against Equatorial Guinea before facing Ivory Coast and Guinea Bissau later in the competition.

October 18, 2023 Akpabio Not Behind My Removal, Embattled Senator Abbo Apologised

Akpabio Not Behind My Removal, Embattled Senator Abbo Apologised

Senator Elisha Abbo, representing Adamawa North Senatorial District, has apologised for his earlier allegations that Senate President Godswill Akpabio was involved in a plot to remove him through the Court of Appeal. The apology was made during an interview on a monitored program.

Abbo expressed his humility and a sense of responsibility in acknowledging that the press release issued the day before was premature and based on the information available at that time. He explained that upon further investigation and a conversation with the Senate President, he was convinced of Akpabio's lack of involvement.

READ ALSO: Akpabio Responds To Sen Abbo, Denies Sack Allegations

According to Abbo, Akpabio assured him of his innocence, swearing on his mother's grave that he had no knowledge of the court case and was not involved. Abbo cited the significance of this personal pledge by Akpabio and expressed his belief in its sincerity.

Previously, the Court of Appeal in Abuja had nullified Abbo's election, declaring Amos Yohanna of the People’s Democratic Party as the winner of the senatorial election held on February 25. At the time, Abbo had attributed his unfavourable court judgment to Senate President Akpabio, but he has since retracted those accusations and extended an apology.

Watch Live

Video Player is loading.
Current Time 0:00
Duration -:-:-
Loaded: 0%
Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time -:-:-
 
1x

x
PHP Code Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com