On Air Now:
Now Playing:Loading...
site loader
August 2, 2023 Sanwo-Olu Commends Rescuers as He Visits Helicopter Crash Site

Sanwo-Olu Commends Rescuers as He Visits Helicopter Crash Site

On the evening of August 1, 2023, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State visited the scene of a helicopter crash that occurred on Oba Akran Avenue in Ikeja.

After assessing the site of the unfortunate incident involving a single-engine fixed-wing Jabiru aircraft with registration number 5NCCQ, the governor commended the efforts of the first responders and residents who swiftly joined the rescue mission.

The aircraft, carrying two passengers, crash-landed into an old communication pole near Ikeja Bus Stop at around 4:00 p.m. Fortunately, both occupants of the helicopter were successfully rescued and are currently receiving medical attention at the hospital.

There was an unfortunate helicopter crash on the road of Oba Akran, right in the middle of the road. It was a single-engine helicopter that had two passengers on board.

”The two passengers on board have been rescued. They are currently at a hospital and are receiving treatment as we speak.

Governor Sanwo-Olu expressed relief that no lives were lost in the accident and assured that a comprehensive investigation would be conducted by the Nigerian Safety Investigation Bureau (NSIB) to determine the cause of the crash.

The governor praised the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) for their relentless efforts in clearing the road of debris from the helicopter wreckage.

He also extended his gratitude to the local residents and two individuals, Oluwafemi and Opeyemi, who fearlessly took action to extinguish the fire that broke out after the crash.

Despite the chaos, Opeyemi and Oluwafemi bravely sought water and assisted in rescuing the passengers from the aircraft.

”We do not know the cause of the helicopter crash. That would be done by experts at the NSIB, which is an investigative bureau.

”We could see that the crash site had been secured. All the wreckage has been evacuated and moved into a truck.

“It would be transported officially and handed over to the Nigerian Aviation Authority where I am sure necessary investigations would be done.

”We are thankful to all the residents and all of you that came out very quickly and were able to rescue the occupants. Thanks to workers at the fuel station because where the crash happened was a gas line.

”I am thankful to the two people I mentioned earlier and I am sure we are happy that while the unfortunate incident happened in the middle of the road, it has not led to any fatality,” he said.

We thank God, it wasn’t more than this. I am sure the investigation would reveal all of the things that have gone wrong and we are hoping that the people responsible will be held accountable at the end of the day,” Sanwo-olu said.

August 1, 2023 Lagos Reduces BRT Bus Fare By 50%

Lagos Reduces BRT Bus Fare By 50%

The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has announced some palliatives to cushion the effect of fuel subsidy removal on state residents.

Among the measures is a 50 per cent reduction in fares on all Lagos State buses from Wednesday, August 2.

The Governor also approved a 25 per cent reduction in yellow bus fees, which their body will officially announce.

He also announced the expansion of the Fleet of Staff Buses for the Workers in the Lagos State Public Service, adding that the buses are ready and will be deployed through the Head of Service office.

The statement reads: “Immediately from Wednesday, all public transportation that are being controlled by LAMATA…will be plying all the routes of Lagos at 50 per cent discount”.

“And all commuters will start enjoying a 50 per cent rebate on the current transport fare currently being charged on all of these buses and it will start immediately on Wednesday.”

The governor also added that the reduction cannot take effect on Tuesday there is the need to do much configuration and the need to do all of their validation so that it can be effected from Wednesday.

 

July 31, 2023 Manchester United End Their Us Tour In Defeat As They Lose To Borussia Dortmund

Manchester United End Their Us Tour In Defeat As They Lose To Borussia Dortmund

Manchester United's US tour ended with a disappointing 3-2 friendly defeat against Borussia Dortmund in Las Vegas.

Having beaten Arsenal before their youngsters lost to Wrexham and first team fell to Real Madrid, the Red Devils stumbled to another defeat as their stateside trip ended.

Diogo Dalot's superb curling effort gave United a deserved lead at the stunning Allegiant Stadium, only for Donyell Malen to grab a brace during two minutes of madness just before half-time.

Antony drew United level before Harry Maguire - booed at the start by some and admonished by Andre Onana for a second-half error - saw a header come back off his own bar.

The helter-skelter theme continued throughout as both sides made sweeping alterations, Youssoufa Moukoko eventually giving Dortmund the win after cutting out an Aaron Wan-Bissaka pass.

Erik ten Hag made 11 changes from Wednesday's loss to Madrid with Scott McTominay handed the armband ahead of recently deposed skipper Maguire.

There were some jeers for the 30-year-old when his name was read out, just as there was when he put an early diagonal ball out of play.

 

 

 

 

July 31, 2023 Chelsea Agree Deal To Sign Monaco Defender Disasi

Chelsea Agree Deal To Sign Monaco Defender Disasi

Chelsea have reached an agreement to sign defender Axel Disasi from AS Monaco for 45m euros (£38.57m).

France international Disasi, 25, will give Chelsea another right-sided centre-back option following the injury to Wesley Fofana.

Fofana has been ruled out for several months after undergoing anterior cruciate ligament surgery.

Benoit Badiashile is also currently injured and will not be fit until after the Premier League season starts.

Chelsea have Thiago Silva, Trevoh Chalobah and Levi Colwill, who has interest from Brighton, as their options in the centre of defence as things stand.

Disasi has made 118 appearances for Monaco since joining the Ligue 1 club from Stade de Reims in August 2020.

He has earned four caps for France, making his full international debut in the World Cup defeat by Tunisia last November.

The Frenchman will become Chelsea's third summer signing, following forwards Nicolas Jackson and Christopher Nkunku to Stamford Bridge.

 

The Blues are also close to securing the £23.2m signing of Rennes midfielder Lesley Ugochukwu, though he could be immediately sent on loan to Ligue 1 side Strasbourg, after Chelsea's ownership group purchased a majority stake in the club earlier this summer.

 

Watch Live

Video Player is loading.
Current Time 0:00
Duration -:-:-
Loaded: 0%
Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time -:-:-
 
1x

x
PHP Code Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com