On Air Now:
Now Playing:Loading...
site loader
August 3, 2023 TikToker Sentenced to Three Years Imprisonment for Defaming Eniola Badmus

TikToker Sentenced to Three Years Imprisonment for Defaming Eniola Badmus

Okoye Blessing Nwakaego, a TikToker who defamed veteran actress Eniola Badmus by labeling her a pimp, has been handed a three-year prison sentence for cyberstalking.

The conviction came from Justice Nicholas Oweibo of the Federal High Court on Wednesday, August 2, 2023, after Nwakaego pleaded guilty to the charges.

The court found her guilty of violating sections 24 (1) (b), (2) (a) (c), and 27 of the Cybercrimes Act, 2015. However, Justice Oweibo granted her the option to pay a fine of ₦‎150,000 instead of serving time in jail.

The charges state that between December 2022 and July 2023 in Lagos, Nwakaego, along with an individual named Chimabia, who is currently at large, conspired to commit the cyberstalking crime.

The incident unfolded when the actress, Eniola Badmus, confronted Nwakaego in July after her defamatory video calling her a pimp circulated on social media for days.

Badmus' legal counsel claimed that the video caused significant harm to her client's public image. Consequently, Badmus had Nwakaego arrested on defamation grounds in the dead of night on July 22, 2023.

During her reprimand by the police, Nwakaego confessed that she made the defamatory statement against the actress to earn money for her rent. She further revealed that she was paid ₦200,000 by Chimabia to fabricate the false accusations against the star.

In her words, "So, one of my friends said if I should come out and talk about Miss Eniola Badmus that he was going to send me N200,000 because I told him about my rent. So that was what prompted the video in the first place. So I’m so sorry. I just did it because of the money. I was so desperate to pay my house rent.”

August 2, 2023 Gbajabiamila Submits Second Batch Of Tinubu’s Ministerial List To Senate

Gbajabiamila Submits Second Batch Of Tinubu’s Ministerial List To Senate

In an ongoing process to appoint ministers, the former Speaker of the House of Representatives has submitted a second list containing additional ministerial nominees to Senate President Godswill Akpabio at precisely 03:19 pm.

Akpabio is expected to reveal these new nominees after screening the initial 28 candidates from the first batch. As of the latest report, the Senate has already conducted screenings for 25 of the initial nominees, leaving three more candidates to be assessed.

Last Thursday, Gbajabiamila submitted the first list of 28 nominees to the upper chamber and announced that more names would be forwarded subsequently.

Among those who underwent screening on Wednesday were Dele Alake, Lateef Fagbemi, and Muhammad Idris, while Ali Pate and Doris Uzoka were next in line. The previous day, Tuesday, nine nominees were screened, including ex-governors Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna) and Dave Umahi (Ebonyi); Wale Edun, Uche Nnaji, Stella Okotete, Adebayo Adelabu, Ekperikpe Ekpo, Hannatu Musawa, and Musa Dangiwa.

Earlier in the week, on Monday, the upper chamber reviewed 14 out of the 28 nominees forwarded by the President the week before.

Some notable names screened on Monday were former governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike; Abubakar Kyari from Borno State; Nkiruka Onyejeocha (Abia State); Bello Muhammad (Sokoto State); Sani Abubakar Danladi (Taraba State); and Badaru Abubakar (Jigawa State).

Others included Joseph Utsev (Benue State), Olubunmi Tunji Ojo (Ondo State), Betta Edu (Cross River State), Uju Kennedy Ohaneye (Anambra State), Abubakar Momoh (Edo State), John Enoh (Cross River State), Iman Suleiman Ibrahim (Nasarawa State), and Yusuf Maitama Tuggar (Bauchi State).

According to Section 147 (3) of the 1999 Constitution, the President must appoint at least one minister from each of the 36 states. However, as of now, eleven states – Adamawa, Bayelsa, Gombe, Kano, Kebbi, Kogi, Lagos, Osun, Yobe, Plateau, and Zamfara — and the Federal Capital Territory are yet to have their ministerial nominees put forward.

 

August 2, 2023 Former Backup Dancers Sue Lizzo For Weight Shaming and Sexual Harassment

Former Backup Dancers Sue Lizzo For Weight Shaming and Sexual Harassment

American popstar and advocate for body positivity, Lizzo, has been served with a lawsuit by three of her former backup dancers - Arianna Davis, Crystal Williams, and Noelle Rodriguez.

 The lawsuit, filed on Tuesday and reported by The Guardian, alleges that Lizzo created a hostile work environment through sexual, racial, and religious harassment.

According to the lawsuit, incidents of harassment took place between 2021 and 2023. The dancers claim that Lizzo pressured staff at afterparties into engaging in acts of a sexual nature and even pressured one dancer to touch a nude performer at a club in Amsterdam.

 Additionally, Lizzo allegedly subjected her dancers to an exhausting 12-hour audition, falsely accusing them of being drunk on the job.

Surprisingly, the singer, who is known for promoting body positivity and self-love, allegedly reprimanded one dancer for gaining weight and subsequently berated and fired her for recording a meeting.

The lawsuit further states that during an incident at an Amsterdam club, Lizzo invited cast members to participate in sexually explicit activities involving nude performers.

The plaintiffs express shock and dismay at how little regard Lizzo showed for the bodily autonomy of her employees and those around her, especially considering that many of them were part of her team.

Furthermore, Lizzo is accused of pressuring one of her security staff members to remove his clothes.

August 2, 2023 Hospital House Officers in Lagos Protest Tragic Death of Colleague

Hospital House Officers in Lagos Protest Tragic Death of Colleague

House officers at the General Hospital, Odan, Lagos Island, are voicing their demands for justice following the tragic death of their colleague, Doctor Ovwaere Diaso.

On August 1, Diaso lost her life in an elevator accident while she was on her way to pick up her food from a vendor on the 10th floor.

In response to the devastating incident, house officers at the hospital organized a protest on Wednesday to seek justice for the deceased.

With placards bearing powerful messages like "It could have been me" and "The system is rigged against young doctors," they marched outside the hospital building while passionately chanting, "All we are saying, give us justice."

Diaso was on the verge of completing her housemanship in just two weeks when the unfortunate incident occurred.

Her colleagues are now coming together to ensure that her memory is honored and to push for accountability and improvements in the hospital's safety measures.

Watch Live

Video Player is loading.
Current Time 0:00
Duration -:-:-
Loaded: 0%
Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time -:-:-
 
1x

x
PHP Code Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com