There is the report of the fire that engulfed the female hostel of the Yaba College of Technology, YABATECH in Yaba on the Lagos Mainland.
The fire, which broke out in the early hours of today, has reportedly consumed many belongings of female students.
It was gathered that Fire Service men later arrived the campus to try to put out the fire which was raging at the Bakassi block, a two-storey hostel building with twenty five rooms per floor.
Our correspondent could not ascertain if any life was lost, but sources within the school campus said a student was injured while trying to move her belonging when the fire broke out.
IBRAHIM FARINLOYE, a Spokesman for the National Emergency Management Agency NEMA said the fire started when power was restored to the Bakassi Hall of residence.